Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What Inspires Me? Right Now, A Contest.



This is a bit of a different kind of post.  AOL is running a promotion with Jeep® as part of its Life is Legendary (www.jeeplegendarylife.aol.com/) campaign, saluting single women who are living inspired lives and embracing their freedom, achievements, and the journey.   The topic is What Inspires Me.


One of the things that inspire me is travel.  If I ever go broke, it won't be because I've bought too much stuff; it'll be because I wandered too far too many times.   There are few things I enjoy more than traveling.   I often think that's the real reason I work every day; so I can fund my next trip.   I want to go everywhere.  And I pretty much can, because I don't have to use my money on braces for the daughter I don't have or a business start-up for the husband I don't have.

Last year was a great travel year for me.  I went to London…just for the weekend in the fall.  Paris in May.   Martha's Vineyard, Morocco and the southern coast of Spain in August.   Paris and Martha's Vineyard were planned.   Morocco, Spain and London were more opportunistic; someone said "come" and I said "yes, indeed".  So Spinsterlicious, right?

I’ve traveled throughout the U.S. to major cities and small towns, plus Argentina, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, England, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, South Africa, Switzerland, Tanzania and United Arab Emirates.   Seeing the lives of others and experiencing their cultures, even though just briefly, is such a great experience for me.

Travel is eye-opening and mind-expanding.   It reminds me that there is rarely ever only one way to do something, or a single right answer to any question…and to always consider another point-of-view.

But there's no place like home, either.  I'm always thinking of packing my bags for my next adventure AND I'm always happy to plant my feet back on the soil of the good old U.S. of A.

I think part of what makes for a legendary life --a Spinsterlicious life--  is having the ability to stoke your passions. Mine is traveling.  What turns you on?




The  AOL/Jeep(r) sweepstakes has a Grand Prize of $4500, and a random weekly rewarding of a $50 gift card.  If you want to participate, here's what you'll need to do:

-Visit the AOL/Jeep microsite  (www.jeeplegendarylife.aol.com/).   It is a custom destination that allows you to develop an online Inspiration Board that chronicles things that represent you and who/what you aspire to become.  If you want, you can share it with your friends on Facebook (but you don't have to).

- I made  my Inspiration Board from pictures from my travels (Click "my Inspiration Board" in this sentence to see it). You can use your own photos or those that are provided on the site.

-Have fun with it!   Or skip it.  Totally up to you!  :-)





NOTE:  If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe in the box on the right -or- if you have a Google Account, you can click on "Follow Me" also on the right, near the bottom.   You'll receive an email each time there's an update to the blog.  Don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!

4 comments:

angie said...

Where's your inspiration board?

eleanore said...

@Angie: get with the program, girl. Click on the words "my inspiration board" and it'll take you there. (sigh)

Rhona said...

I love your inspiration board. Good luck. I LOVE to travel and I have to say, you are an inspiration to me! You have been to so many places! And, I love your lifestyle. I am still on my way to independence but it will happen.
I agree with you in that we can do what we want (travel for example) because we only have ourselves essentially to think about as singletons. What liberation and freedom.

Spinster Jane said...

Just came across you blog via twitter. Love it! The spinster life is a good one. I'm taking full advantage of all it has to offer.