Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Joy of High Heels

So, here’s an observation (a fairly obvious one, I’ll admit):  I get a lot more attention from guys when I’m wearing heels.  That’s not really a surprise, but it happens way more now that I’m old-ish.   Many years ago, all I needed was my youth to catch a man’s eye.  Now that that’s gone, it takes props.  That’s okay.  I love wearing heels.  And though high heels, on a long day are neither comfortable nor practical, that’s not the point.

Being Spinsterlicious means wearing heels…not every day, but you can’t completely give up on them…even if your feet sometimes hurt.   

High heels can give you (and your spirit) an extra bounce.  And when you  want to meet a man, they’re one of the easiest and best tools.  Guys are visual.  They like the way a woman looks and the way she walks in heels.   

Plus, if you can walk in them, you look and feel differently, too:  cuter, sexier, more alive.  The key, though, is “if you can walk in them”.  One of my pet peeves is a woman clunking along in heels that she can’t walk in.  You want to look captivating, not like a doofus.  If your feet hurt or you just haven’t mastered the art of doing your thing in heels, hold off until you’re ready. 
 
But do get ready. Throw on some heels, strut your stuff, keep your mojo working!  Watch how many eyes you catch…

One of my favorite Spinsterlicious shoes:  

7 comments:

Darlene said...

That's Right Spinsterlicious!!! The Sexy comes shining through if you know how to dawn a pair of spectacular heels....

Love the blog!!

eleanore said...

Thanks, Darlene. Every woman oughta own a pair of "bangin" heels!

Anonymous said...

I am 47 and still have trouble with the high heel thing so I got a pair of high boots and work em like I'm on a runway. Thinking of trying thigh high boots this year. So much better than fluffing!

nancecam7 said...

Are you referring to me as an example of someone who can't walk in heels? If so, I sadly know it's true. Not only do I walk funny, but my face looks bad when I do.

auntdanny said...

Absolutely true about the heel thing. Not only do you feel good about yourself but others notice. For some reasons heels seem more important today than years ago, what's up with that? Seeing the pic alone that you displayed with this blog should get you at least 3 guys

Anonymous said...

those are hot. dont wear them near my husband yo.

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of heels that are very similar to these and I know how to work them girl. Yes, heels are very sexy....