Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Baby That's Disrupting My Life

My good friends, Traci and Tony, are also my neighbors.  It's been great. For years. Our dogs are best friends.



At the beginning, I think they used to feel sorry for me all-single-and-alone in my apartment, so they had me over on a regular basis for food and drink.  I took complete advantage of this.


And several nights a week, we would unwind from a rough day at work over a glass of wine.  This is a picture I took of the inside of their refrigerator.  Tells you what their priorities are/were, right?

















They were so much fun.  Then this happened.














So, now, when they have me over, I'm not even allowed to enjoy my food without having to figure out how to eat and balance a baby at the same time.



Traci used to invite me over for breakfast and coffee most Saturday mornings.  This is what it looks like now.  She still gives me coffee, but the only one who gets breakfast is the baby...and I have to give it to her.


I've tried to explain to them that they had a baby, I didn't.  I never wanted kids.  Still don't.   She's a cutie but she's around all the time and sometimes I just want to go back to the way it used to be.

But then, she'll go and do something cute like this, and all is forgiven.



Seriously, though, babies change things.  Has your life ever been "disrupted" by someone else's kid?  (The nerve of them, right?)




NOTE: If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe "Via Email" in the box on the right. You'll receive an email when there's a new blog post.   Or "Like" Spinsterlicious on Facebook. Just click the button at the top of this page.   Or "Follow Me" on Twitter (button on the right).   Whatever you do, don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!   


Oh yeah.  And don't forget to visit  The Spinsterlicious Life SHOP!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I hope all is well with you.
-Alicia

the mother said...

That's one cute kid, and not a bad lookin' Auntie E either.

former neighbor said...

LOVE love love this post and miss my neighbors!!

Rhona said...

Um, yes. Once my bff had her daughter, she basically disappeared and wonder mommy came along. I tried to cope and deal but I don't want to. I hardly visit her so we talk over the phone and email daily. That is all I can take right now. Her kids are older now, thankfully, but still they are kids and are always around.

Molly said...

What a hiliarious post! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Too funny but toooo true. I feel you.You often lose friends when their life changes don't match yours. It happens also when dating men with children and you don't.

Michael Ann said...

Ha! You do look natural holding that baby :-) I understand how that must feel though. I feel that way now around people with babies, since my kids are teenagers now. My life is not taken up 24/7 by baby stuff and it feels GOOD, and I do NOT want to go back!!

lauren said...

Oh, the baby is so adorable! And you look very natural with her--balancing baby and pizza as if you had raised 5 children. Sweet.

Sandy said...

Oh, this is just too funny. Nice to hear I am not the only one feeling this way. My issue isn't friends with babies, it's friends with GRANDbabies (obviously, I am "a few years" older). Same idea, tho. I am interested only up to a point - but their life seems to be completely taken over and they expect me to be endlessly fascinated by every little detail (which I am NOT). Tough when your life is different from theirs - and sometimes they don't "get it" at all. When I can't take it anymore, I just don't talk or go over there for a while. Easier that way.

Nicole NA said...

I had a good laugh! Thanks. I remember when my goddaughter was a baby and my friend would put her on the phone so she could guggle to auntie Nicole. Hated it! What do I really have to say to a baby? She's grown now (7), but plenty a plans have been canceled because we couldn't find a sitter. So yes, I have had my own interuptions, but she's so adorable. I agree with you though - its like once they arrive, they just hang around eternally.