Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Birthday Funday

Today is my birthday, and what a fun day it's been! (Happy birthday to me!)



After a lazy morning, a group of us did a "vineyard crawl", tasting (and buying) lots of wines from the wineries on the North Fork Vineyard Trail in Long Island. Here we are at two of them (Laurel Lake, and McCall):







At Old Field, we were greeted by some of the wildlife:



Afterwards, we headed to my friend, Renell's place for part two of the festivities. Along the way, we were treated to this beautiful dusky sky:



At Renell's, we graduated to Pumpkin Pie martinis. Delicious. Like pumpkin pie in a glass...with a big hit of vodka:



And as I wind down my day, I'm writing this blog post in the warmth and glow of this (slightly lopsided) fire:



It was a good day. Decidedly Spinsterlicious. Thanks for letting me share it with you.



 NOTE: If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe "Via Email" in the box on the right. You'll receive an email when there's a new blog post. Or "Like" Spinsterlicious on Facebook. Just click the button at the top of this page. Or "Follow Me" on Twitter (button on the right). Whatever you do, don't miss a Spinsterlicious update! 


 Oh yeah. And please don't forget to visit The Spinsterlicious Life SHOP!

16 comments:

cynthia verrone said...

Happy Birthday -e. Can't think of a more perfect day this November to enjoy a birthday outing.
Wishing you much adventure, love and success this coming year. xxo

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Eleanore - so glad you had a good time with friends :-)

i0landa... :-)

Janine said...

Happy Birthday! What a perfect way to spend it - wine, sunshine, no work, friends and wine.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. What a wonderful way to spend your special day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have many more, and thanks so much for sharing your blog with all us lucky women.

Toni

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. How you enjoyed doing whatever you wanted is what counts.

Rhona said...

Ah, happy birthday. Even though I am late (out of town visiting family this weekend) I am wishing you a fantastic year.

eleanore said...

@Cynthia, Janine, Iolanda, Rhona, and all my Anonymous friends: thanks so much for your birthday wishes. They make me smile

Court.Lanae said...

Happy Birthday to you and many more. I celebrated my birthday on the 27th. November ladies are the best. :)

Sandy said...

I agree - November ladies are the best. I could be partial to that because I'm a November baby (the 16th) too. It's wonderful to be able to celebrate your special day with loved ones. Good for you! It's certainly a perk of a Spinsterlicious life.

Michael Ann said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! Hope this year is an amazing one for you!

Stella said...

Sounds fabulous. The martinis I can scarcely believe! Happy Birthday!

Bella DePaulo said...

Belated happy birthday! Your pictures are great and I hope the coming year will be too.

Sorry to be slow in getting to this. I took some time off from email, blogs, etc over most of the past week, which was filled with guests. Happily, once I checked Single with Attitude, http://www.singlewithattitude.com/
I saw what I had missed. Thanks for being part of that community.

mypixieblog said...

Happy happy birthday to you! Sounds like it was a great day :)

Lin said...

I'm glad you had such a fabulous birthday with friends. I hope you didn't drive!