Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Should You Really Confront Your Man's "Girlfriend"?



Not too long ago, a friend of mine, Addie, received a phone call at 4:00 in the morning. The caller was a woman who demanded to know the nature of Addie's relationship with her --the caller's-- boyfriend.  (No one in this story is 17 years old, btw).



We are still laughing about this.  It's a shame when a woman feels she has to make a call like that.  And too bad for this chick that she didn't know better than to make that call to Addie.  Addie's x-rated response can't be printed here but it went something like this: "I blank his blank every chance I get, and then we blank. He really likes it".   The caller cried.

Here's the thing: Addie's relationship with this guy, the woman's supposed boyfriend is strictly platonic, but she said what she said because she really didn't appreciate being awakened in the middle of the night by a nervous Girlfriend who's lost control of her man.  Boyfriend would like it to be more, but Addie isn't interested.  So...the caller was correct in suspecting that all is not right in her relationship, but she needs to deal with it with Boyfriend and leave other people out of it.  And honestly, once you're making a phone call like that you've pretty much already lost him.  Have a little dignity, for pete's sake.

I always feel sorry for women who do this.  I've never confronted another woman about my guy because if you're intuitive, you already know the deal.  If you have to ask...you probably already know the answer.  In Addie's situation, the caller had the right inkling but the wrong woman.  Poor thing.

C'mon...'fess up. Have you ever confronted another woman about your man?  (I haven't...though I've certainly thought about it...before I came to my senses.)



NOTE: If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe "Via Email" in the box on the right. You'll receive an email when there's a new blog post.   Or "Like" Spinsterlicious on Facebook. Just click the button at the top of this page.   Or "Follow Me" on Twitter (button on the right).   Whatever you do, don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!   


Oh yeah.  And don't forget to visit  The Spinsterlicious Life SHOP!

5 comments:

Dazediva said...

Hey ! First off, thanks for the follow on Twitter; am following you back and that's how I landed up on your blog :)

I've never had to make that phone call .. I've had this gut instinct when 2 guys I dated cheated on me with 'so called friends' but I knew something was off - and caught them off guard by asking about it

I just think that in any relationship you have to 'trust' and only react (within reason) when your inner self tells you something is wrong.

Michael Ann said...

No, I've never been in that situation, but if I was, I would never call the woman. You are absolutely right, it's between you and your man. That's the source of whatever problems are going on.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, it depends. Life is complicated. If you are calm and want to get information, it can be a way to help you break up with the guy.

Calling in the middle of the night because you're desperate is a bad idea, but we're all human.

Your friend sounds pretty callous and self-centered, though. Hopefully her excuses for why she did it are a sign of a guilty conscience. I wouldn't want to date a guy who treated strangers the way she treated the poor woman in the middle of the night.

CaramelKitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CaramelKitty said...

@ Anonymous, She deserved the response she received. There was no reason for her to call that womans home at four in the morning. That was truly childish. If she really felt the need to call the woman she should have done it at a decent hour of the DAY!!!!