Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Corporate Hoochie?

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about how glad I am that the mini-skirt is back.  I love them…but I’m now wondering if I should give the wearing of them a little more thought.   Yesterday I was in a “cute skirt” mood, so chose one that would be fitting for the assumed fun mood of the dinner I’d be having with a friend that night.  The skirt was indeed cute and I liked the way I looked in it, and the fact that it was short-ish but not exactly mini was perfect because I also had a meeting that day.  I checked myself out in my bedroom mirror from a few different angles, changed shoes a couple of times until I found the right ones and proceeded to sail off to my meeting.  My skirt was stylishly and summery short, not too much, just enough.  It was a lovely spring day and I was in a great mood.

The doors in the building elevator where my meeting was being held were shiny enough that they doubled as mirrors.  Uh-oh.  Something wasn’t quite right.  The skirt that was just a bit above my knees in my bedroom suddenly appeared to be mid-thigh…and I’m on my way to a business meeting.

How did that happen??  I went from feeling like a well-prepared, smartly dressed businesswoman to feeling like I looked like that chick who sued Citibank because they said she dressed  too sexy for the office. A corporate hoochie.  Her…and now me.  Geez.
Not that I look anything like her, but we should both re-think our outfits.  Anyway, though I was a little self-conscious, my meeting went fine. I did make it a point to make sure my legs were always demurely crossed at the knees.  No need to exacerbate the situation by flashing them, too! 


NOTE:  If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe in the box on the right -or- if you have a Google Account, you can click on "Follow Me" also on the right, near the bottom.   You'll receive an email each time there's an update to the blog.  Don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!

2 comments:

auntdanny said...

Well, is there something wrong with your mirror at home or did you really want to wear the skirt and didn't pay full attention. The lesson here should be to take your time and be more observant than trying to be too cute.

AuntDanny

eleanore said...

@Aunt Danny: I don't know what happened. Maybe the skirt shrunk between my house and the office!