Saturday, January 8, 2011

Spinsterlicious Shoe of the Week: Prelude to a New Mood

I left work the other day, exhausted.  We've been super-busy for awhile and working late and then collapsing into bed was starting to become my norm and I'm not at all happy about that.  Every weekday should have a distinct cut-off period when work is done for the day, followed by several hours of "whatever I want", before turning in for the night.  


 I haven't been having a lot of "whatever I want" after work lately.  I'm even starting to wonder if this is how hypertension starts. I know it's stress-related and if the stress level is high without a sufficient recovery period, this could be bad.  I might sue.

Anyway, I decided the other day that I wanted to break this routine.  I never, ever go out drinking alone but on this day I decided to stop somewhere for a glass of wine, kind of as a treat to myself and kind of as a way of declaring the end of endless workdays.  

I had on new shoes and liked the outfit I was wearing, and I think that helped gear me up to go out and become the kind of woman who drinks alone in public.  I went to Nobu because they have a lively bar scene, which is what I was looking for.  Shortly after I arrived, two guys struck up a conversation with me.   I was wearing heather grey tights
with these shoes, tights that were the same color as the upper portion of the shoe.  The uniformity in color made my legs look really long.  In fact, one of the guys I was chatting with commented that my legs looked "a mile long" (and also that, when I stood up, I wasn't as tall as he expected.  It was just an observation, not a complaint). 

Anyway, we chatted for about 45 minutes, while they waited for a table and I savored a glass of Malbec. They treated me to a glass of sake, that I wasn't able to finish but was glad to sip on. They were fun and the combination of the atmosphere, the drink, and the engaging conversation totally changed my mood.  It started with the shoes, though, because if I hadn't liked what I was wearing I might have gone straight home from work.  And that's why these are my Spinsterlicious Shoe of the Week.  (Probably more like a Spinsterlicious "Office" Shoe, but whatever...)


If you have a Spinsterlicious Shoe story you want to share, please write me at eleanore@TheSpinsterliciousLife.com

NOTE:  If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please (re)subscribe in the box on the right -or- if you have a Google Account, you can click on "Follow Me" also on the right, near the bottom.   You'll receive an email each time there's an update to the blog.  (It's a new service; if you registered earlier, you'll have
to do it again.  Sorry...and Thanks)

No comments: