Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Those Last Annoying 10 Pounds

I want to be the kind of woman who never talks about her weight out loud. I really wish I didn't even think about it but, at the very least, I don't want to keep participating in the "I need to lose 10 pounds" conversations.  But I can't.  Not just yet.  I packed on a few pounds on my last vacation (it was fun doing), but now my dresses are a little snug around the middle.     I can't afford a new wardrobe so I will be counting calories and bitching about it for the next month or so.

Fortunately, just like I know how to put on weight, I know how to take it off.  I eat better.  For me, a diet of mostly fruits and vegetables, little meat, almost nothing fried, and not a lot of sauces works well.

But I'm always interested in what other people are doing.  I recently heard about   Fresh Diet, a service that delivers "fresh, nutritionally balanced gourmet meals" to you every day.  This is not an endorsement because I've never used them…but I like the sound of having tasty meals delivered to me.  Not quite as good as having my own cook, but close.

What I really want, though, is a safe and super-effective pill with no side effects that I can pop whenever I've porked up a bit and want to reverse it.   When's that coming out?


NOTE: If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe "Via Email" in the box on the right. You'll receive an email when there's a new blog post.   Or "Like" Spinsterlicious on Facebook. Just click the button at the top of this page.   Or "Follow Me" on Twitter (button on the right).   Whatever you do, don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!   


Oh yeah.  And don't forget to visit  The Spinsterlicious Life SHOP!

2 comments:

Janine said...

I hear ya! I recently hit 82kg (180lb), I'm aiming to lose 15kg (33lb?) over a year. Having been down this road before (and once succeeded via Jenny Craig), I know my enemies, and I can tell you the biggest one isn't meat but booze. I found that even 2 glasses of wine with my meal would thwart my progress in any given week. It messes with your metabolism. Now I'm 45 and have had my gallbladder removed this year, the mission is a lot tougher. I have resorted to "meal replacements", opting for the best quality whey protein and whatnot, rather than the stuff loaded with sugar. I've seen results with these, coupled with minimum 4 gym workouts a week, however I'll go for weeks at a time where I don't deprive myself, and always see the weight creep back up. A weekend "detox" with those pricey, exotic juices can knock off 2kg, but once again, you tend to "reward yourself" the next few weeks. I guess it's getting in the zone mentally, and I'm almost there. My half-sis is getting married in October, and the thought of another bunch of family photos with me in my fat phase is going to get me in the zone faster as the date approaches. Good luck.

lauren said...

I would rather for you to talk about it aloud than to just walk down the street mumblin,' though.