Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Woman and Her Six Husbands



The other day, I saw a guy on TV who was promoting his new book, "The Six Husbands Every Woman Should Have."  I stopped what I was doing to have a look and listen.  Geez, if I'd known I should have six husbands, marriage might have been more appealing to me.  It was the whole finding-one-and-till-death-do-us-part thing that tripped me up.

I quickly learned that, unfortunately,  he did not mean a woman should have six different husbands.  Instead, what he meant was that a man has to evolve to adapt to the changes in his life over the years and there are apparently six such phases…and that he becomes a different man with each change.  I actually think it's probably an exaggeration that he becomes a different man over the years…or that he even changes that many times.  But, I get it.  No doubt it sells books.  Just like I stopped doing what I was doing to watch, I'm sure many others did, too.  If I was married, I might even have picked up the book.

But let's go back to my original thought.  What if every woman did actually have six husbands in her lifetime?  How much more fun would that be!  A lot, I think.  Working out the finances and housing and kids and other details would probably be complicated but if six-husbands-per-woman became the norm, I'm sure someone would figure out how to make it do-able…and not too much of a headache.

So what do y'all think:  Is six husbands better than one…or none?


NOTE: Don't forget to visit The Spinsterlicious Life Shop. They make a statement... and a great gift! 


 And if you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe "Via Email" in the box on the right. You'll receive an email when there's a new blog post. Or "Like" Spinsterlicious on Facebook. Just click the button at the top of this page. Or "Follow Me" on Twitter (button on the right). Whatever you do, don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!

13 comments:

Rhona said...

i've still gotta say, none is the way to go. i know i could not handle that much in 1 lifetime. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll stick with none! :)

Lorelai said...

None, please! One is usually enough drama and responsibility, I certainly wouldn't want more lol.

Molly said...

Who needs the dirty socks of six men lying around?

Michael Ann said...

Ha! I'm with these ladies!

Anonymous said...

LOL at Molly's comment.

Zero works for me. The thought of having six husbands(all at once or in succession) gives me the heebee-jeebees!

Sandy said...

I think six is far too many, but I understand the concept.

I think having three guys (not necessarily husbands, of course) would be a cool thing. One for just mind-blowing sex. One for in depth, stimulating conversation. And, one for FUN - travel, play, etc.

But, I couldn't live with all of them - I'm not sure I can live with even ONE right now (which is causing a problem when I consider starting to date again).

Annabelle said...

Six is waaay too many. I suppose I can imagine more than one, but how would you keep track of anything with six running around? I suspect it would cut into my precious private time.

Anonymous said...

My luck none of the 6 would move past the "BabyMan" stage.

Afrikan Goddess said...

One with the (good) traits of all six. Now that's a homerun!

Aumoe said...

If I had six husbands, the only way that would work is if they lived in another house and then a new one comes over to my house every week. There's no living together in this situation. I would probably murder someone if I had to share a house with six other people. And, to be honest, I'd probably treat them more like menservants which isn't really a good marriage.

D C Cain said...

Uhm no - who wants six husbands? LOL Unless you are a nympho or have NOTHING to do but make sure each man gets quality time with you, having six husbands would truly suck! I'm content with one, thank you. Although I wouldn't mind if my husband had 2 extra wives -- they couldn't have sex with him though, and they'd be there more as my full time girlfriends! Ha!

DT said...

Well - I'm in a situation where I wouldn't mind having two husbands..I have two men in my life - both are wonderful people and they both give me something different. One gives me extremely stimulating conversation and mind-blowing sex, the other is sweet and tender and adores me and gives me mind-blowing sex. They are both hard-working me and I adore them both. Too bad I can't have them both....above board, that is....