Friday, March 18, 2011

18 Random Things About Me

Occasionally I get an email from a "reader friend" who expresses curiosity about me, so I thought I'd do a variation of a Facebook Notes thingy that asks people to share with their friends random facts about themselves.  I think you're supposed to do 25; all I have is 18.  Here goes:

  •  I'm a really lousy drinker. I love a good cocktail, and am distressed that I can get drunk after just one. 
  •   I love that I have a wide-range of really different and wonderful friends...many who've been in my life for 20+ years 
  • Some of the smartest decisions I've ever made include (in no particular order): moving to NYC, buying my vacation home in E. Quogue, going into therapy, and getting the cutest dog ever (Danny)
  •  I'm much shyer and much more of a loner than most people know. A Myers-Briggs personality test says I'm "an introvert who masquerades as an extrovert". I think they got it right.
  •  I strongly believe that you gotta play the hand you're dealt. No whining.
  •  I've had a lot of death in my life: both parents, three sisters, a good friend, and a host of close relatives. It really makes you appreciate who you have.
  •  My favorite pastime is travel. When I go broke, it won't be because I've bought too much stuff; it'll be because I wandered too far too many times.
  •  I own a lot of things that are out-dated, half broken, or just really worn. I have a hard time parting with it if it's not quite dead yet.
  •  I like country music.
  •  I hate working out. Hate it. Hate it. So...I walk almost anywhere I can, just to counteract this just a little bit.
  •  My favorite candy is Haribo gummy bears, Dots, and Swedish Fish...which is kinda all the same thing.
  •  I'm actually a pretty good cook...but pretend not to be because I don't usually want to be bothered.
  •  A pair of jeans and a t-shirt are all I really need.  By changing my shoes (which I love so much more), I think I've got a whole new outfit!
  •  Doing (or pretending to do) the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle is one of my favorite weekend activities.
  •  I researched my family tree on my mom's and dad's side. It was lovely, and made me feel very close to these strange, yet familiar, people I've never had the pleasure of meeting.
  •  When I campaigned for Obama, I felt like I was doing something reeaallly important for the first time in a really long time (or maybe for the first time in my life).
  •  I really see the glass as 1/2 full...but I can't resist the sarcasm...so I wonder what it's full of! :-)
  • I dance and sing in front of my mirror almost every day.


So, there you go: 18 random pieces of useless information about me.  I would really love it if each person who reads this post adds one random piece of info about her/himself.  C'mon...


NOTE:  If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe in the box on the right -or- if you have a Google Account, you can click on "Follow Me" also on the right, near the bottom.   You'll receive an email each time there's an update to the blog.  Don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!

6 comments:

Emi said...

I drive a car that used to be my grandmother's. She used to have a Camaro before she got the Firebird that I now drive. It cracks me up when I think about her driving around with the top down. :)

CB said...

I love at home DIY spa, since the recession monthly spa treatments are a no-no. Now DIY facials, scrubs, mani&pedi

Molly said...

Here are 4

1. I love blugrass music and want to learn to play the banjo.

2. I've never done the Myers-Briggs test but believe my results would say the same as yours, I'm an introvert masquarading as an extrovert. I'm actually very shy.

3. I really like the shape of my feet. I prefer sandals and boots to shoes.

4. Despite appearing energetic, I'm a slug at heart.

Anonymous said...

Deborah said,
I like framing things -- post cards, pictures, posters, paintings and I find that I, too often, pay more for the frame than what is in it. But, I also think I am pretty good at finding the perfect frame for each piece.

Anonymous said...

I've listened to Eat, Pray, Love at least 10 times during the last two years during my 2 1/2 hours commute and just finished my third Bikram 30-day challenge. Both things keep me sane.

Benilde Little said...

I LOVE shopping at Target. I hate shopping at the supermarket.
I love, practically nothing more, than staying home on a Sunday, in my pajamas, and reading the New York Times. I love staying home, period. We, my family, do pizza and movie night on Fridays--a delicious, simple pleasure. My favorite kind.