Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Travel Feeds My Soul

There are few things I enjoy more than traveling.  That might be the reason I go to work every day; so I can fund my next trip.  I want to go everywhere.  Last weekend I went to London...just for the weekend!   So cool and so fun.

I got in at 7a Saturday morning.  The Boy met me at the airport.  We had brunch at a diner in South Kensington, took a stroll through beautiful Hyde Park, and discovered an interesting neighborhood called Shepherd's Market.  I slept through what-I'm-told was a cute movie with Gerard Depardieu (jet lag finally kicked in), but was very much awake for a fun dinner at a pub called The Only Running Footman. Weird name.  It had the feel of a "typical" English pub but with much better food.  Sunday it poured rain but for some reason I didn't mind too much.  We had a lazy start, this time working our way through Holland Park before some light shopping in Mayfair and another great meal. (Seems like all I do is eat).  A 6:30p flight back to NYC got me home in time for my usual bedtime.  I was exhausted...but so satisfied.

This was my third trip to Europe this year.  I went to Paris in May and the southern coast of Spain in August.  Only the Paris trip was really planned.  Spain and London were more opportunistic (meaning someone said "come" and I said "yes, indeed").  So Spinsterlicious, right?

I’ve traveled throughout the U.S. to major cities and small towns, plus Argentina, Brazil, China, Costa Rica, England, France, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Morrocco, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, and United Arab Emirates.   Last year this time I was on safari in Tanzania.   Seeing the lives of others and experiencing their cultures, even though just briefly, is such a great experience. 

But there's no place like home, either.  I'm always thinking of packing my bags for my next adventure AND I'm always happy to plant my feet back on the soil of the good old U.S. of A.  

I think part of what makes for a great life --a Spinsterlicious life--  is having the ability to stoke your passions. Mine is traveling. What turns you on?

No comments: