Friday, November 26, 2010

Birthday Girl

Today is my birthday.  I love a birthday.  It's my excuse to up the ante on food and drink and other festivities for a couple of weeks.  I usually have some sort of gathering to celebrate, but with the busy lives we all have, of course, all the invitees can't make it.  Those who can't make it are given the opportunity to treat me at another time  :-) , so the celebration goes on and on! 

My neighbor, Traci surprised me this morning with breakfast, flowers, and a gift certificate to her friend's lingerie shop, Journelle.  (We are straight, despite appearances here)!  I then spent most of the morning on the phone with my family and a few friends wishing me a happy day.  Because my birthday is always around Thanksgiving Day, people usually remember it even if they don't get the actual day right. So I've been receiving birthday wishes since Wednesday.  I like it.

I was supposed to have lunch with an old beau (he would probably prefer if I said ex-beau), but I couldn't pull it off.  I got very behind and had a lot going on, so we re-scheduled.  It'll be fun. Hanging out with ex-beaus (something I do quite a bit) is usually great because it's like a snapshot of the good times when we were together... with none of the headaches.


This afternoon, I treated myself to a day spa in Gramercy, using the steam room and having an awesome, much-deserved massage!  It was heavenly and I feel like I new woman.  I just had Thanksgiving Day leftovers (yummmm) and am now headed for a nap.  About 10 of us are going out later tonight to finish off the birthday celebration with food and drinks and
birthday cake, and maybe a little dancing. (Thanks, Benilde!)


This was certainly a Spinsterlicious birthday because it included so many of my favorite things.   What about you?  What Spinsterlicious plans do you have for your next birthday?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

For my 35th birthday this past May, I went to Paris for a week. And by myself, no less. I had a fabulous time! The weather was perfect, the food was incredible, the sites were fascinating. I'm glad I had the funds and the courage to do it, and I'll do it again.

Anonymous said...

H-a-p-p-y bithday!! :-)

I'm glad that you had such a great day and have lots more post-birthday celebrations ahead :-)

i0l.....

eleanore said...

@Cate: That's awesome! I think you win the Spinsterlicious birthday award! ;-)


@iol: Many thanks for the birthday wishes...and your support!

Unknown said...

I don't think I belong on this page, but found my way here not on purpose but by design. It's great knowing that my friend before friends is having a great birthday and and happy and enjoyable life. The cork is popped for you my long time friend. Sorry I'm a day late.

Just reading the one post and knowing there are many of the same flavor, lightens my spirit and inspires me...

Love you,

Ken
Ken Fant of 613

eleanore said...

@Ken: Of course you belong here; this blog is for everyone and I welcome comments from everyone.

Thanks for my birthday wishes; it's so nice to hear from you. I recall that you have a birthday coming up. Enjoy it!

singleblogger said...

Hi,

I'm definitely treating myself to a spa day or two for my upcoming birthday! I totally agree with pampering yourself for your special day. Nothing like it!