Friday, April 1, 2011

Six-Month Round-up

It's been six months since The Spinsterlicious Life was born.  I was so nervous.  I had never blogged before, and am not especially tech savvy so I wasn't sure that I wouldn't make a mess of the whole thing.  I started the blog because I've written a book with the same name, a cross between a memoir and self-help book...that is, tales about my adventures in dating and other experiences, paired with my tongue-in-cheek thoughts on what life lessons might be offered to others.

Alas, although I still don't have a publisher for my book, I'm having a good time with the blog.  So I decided to do a bit of a retrospective to celebrate its half-birthday.  



In 6 months, I've had over 12,500 page views.  What's popping the most?  (NOTE: Tallies are a combination of those from the Blog, the Facebook Page, and the private emails sent to me).

The 5 Most-Read/Popular Posts
The post with the highest number of readers is what I hope is a useful guide about how to decide when to roll around naked with a guy for the first time.  The others are, I guess, pretty interesting, too:

1.    To Sex -or- Not To Sex
2.    The Break-up Text 
3.    Where Do Old Broads Hang Out?
4.    I Think I'm Jealous of Snooki
5.    Divorcee as Status









The 4 Posts with the Most Comments

Interestingly, the posts with the most readers are not the same as the those with the most comments.  Apparently, it takes something more than popularity to provoke you guys to add your two cents!  Angie got lots of responses, as did these others:
 
1.   Angie's "Ambivalently Spinsterlicious" Shoe-of-the-Week  
2.   Uh-Oh. I Might Be a Hypocrite
3.   Did He Cheat?
4.   Later, Chuck


The 3 Most-Read/Popular Guest Posts



I think lots of people (re)evaluate their status during the holidays, and Kathryn's post was the most popular of my guest bloggers.  And two others:

1.   Single During the Holidays
2.   A Much Smarter Divorcee 
3.   SY-Guy: Spinsterlicious Man-of-the-Month

The 2  Countries --Outside the U.S.-- Where I Have the Strongest Readership.
Obviously, most of my readers are from the good old U.S. of A., but 1. Canadians and 2. Australians are hanging tough with me, too...and I appreciate it.









The 1 Cute Dog 

A gratuitous plug for the world's cutest Yorkie
1.    Danny!!



Thank you and much love to you, dear readers, for your support.          



NOTE:  If you like "Spinsterlicious" and want to be notified of new posts, please subscribe in the box on the right -or- if you have a Google Account, you can click on "Follow Me" also on the right, near the bottom.   You'll receive an email each time there's an update to the blog.  Don't miss a Spinsterlicious update!

5 comments:

The Singlutionary said...

Congrats! Sounds like you're off to a running start!

Anonymous said...

I'm passing on my congrats too :-) and a thank-you for providing us a good blog to keep reading :-)

i0l.....

Rhona said...

I am new to your blog but love it already. Congrats! Looking forward to another great 6 months and more.

Wendy said...

Love your blog! I'm also single and childless, and like you, I'm just fine with that. It's nice to read the words of a kindred spirit!

angie said...

Happy 6 mos!